Sunday, 5 July 2015

Grateful To A Faithful God

 By: Macaulay, Babajide Milton

Born with a silver spoon in eighty-five.
Few years down the line, a misfortune threatened to extinguish the drive.
Nursed my dreams though struggled to keep them alive.
Cursed my weaknesses but it only made it more difficult to thrive.
Eventually, the Lord recharged me and I was revived.

Remembered days I couldn't get even gari to eat.
Walked long miles though not with my bare feet.
Malnourished, skinny; everybody noticed it.
Today I still wonder how I survived the red heat.
The Lord rescued me from the shameful pit.



I opened my eyes for the first time and my father named me Milton.
Don't be deceived, i'm very black-skinned, I don't hail from Britain.
Just like you, I've had my ups and downs, yet I had a dream that frightens.
Bill Clinton had his at fifteen, I had mine at nineteen.
I give thanks to my Lord for my burden He lightens.

Flew from Lagos to Heathrow three years ago without paying a penny.
Tears clouded my mother's eyes as I set out to begin the remarkable journey.
Despite alien to the cuisines served by the British Airways, I consumed everything 'cause they were yummy.
My life which was once losing its light, suddenly became sunny.
Oh Lord, your favour just never stopped running.

The intellectual battle in Britain was keen.
I almost bowed to defeat; thanks to the rush of adrenaline.
I held up my pride in green-white-green.
In the end, all my challengers had was a painful grin.
'Cause the Lord came down on my behalf as I've never seen.

It's amazing how one's life can rise from dust over high tides.
From the dark clouds of obscurity to uncommon glory-personified.
From the emptiness of nothingness to achieving a feat earlier mystified.
From a heap of devastating rejections to the receipt of a single mail that forever redefines.
Only the humble, the Lord qualifies!

The road to greatness first weakens, then strengthens.
If what you seek can be acquired cheaply, then it's value will lessen.
For every timely victory there's always a timeless lesson.
No matter how great you become; Never change your person.
Thank you Lord for making my life a blessing.

I owe Him a debt I would never be able to pay.
All He wants simply is praises all the way.
And I'd give it gladly till my very last day.
Even till I draw my last breath and my body decay.
Oh gracious Lord, what else can I say.

Some would think I wrote this to raise my shoulders.
But why would I want to inspire envy in others.
Envy leads to jealousy and jealousy breeds haters.
I wrote this publicly in honour of a faithful God who has sailed me across turbulent waters.
Interestingly, to my Lord this piece matters!

A man's time comes when God's promises are kept.
You may experience a delay but He never left.
He specialises in bringing desires to fruition at a moment best.
Therefore, never stop hoping, never stop dreaming, always keep trying like you'll never rest.
The Lord is watching; He never slept.

I've been investing my very best and even broke a jinx.
Yet, I knew I needed more than a First-class or Distinction, 'cause poverty stinks.
The struggle for greatness often reminds me that a weighty item sinks.
But am not scared guys, 'cause I'm July born #Winks.
Which might be exactly what the Lord thinks.

I'm very human, I make mistakes too.
Maybe more often than most of you do.
How I end up soaring, I have no clue.
A friend once told me to look inward that there may be something I used to do.
I've searched hard as hard as I could as if my mind is threatened by a coup.
I still don't know but I set big goals since it's not entirely my duty to make them come through.
And if you feel the favour is getting too much, perhaps it's the Lord you should sue.

With my impaired speech, I ended up as a public speaker - Nice!
With my finance limited, I ended up as a Commonwealth Scholar - Twice!
With my humble background, I ended up as a Judge to the Commonwealth Essay writers - Thrice!
Within a year, I ended up getting four awards from student bodies in FUTA - Super nice!
With the Lord on my side, the grace will surely suffice!

Gravity! Anything that rises must surely fall.
Laxity! Be carefree, what will be will be whether you are sharp or dull.
Sanity! Be realistic or else you'll achieve nothing at all.
Tenacity! No matter the logical limitation, you'll climb the tallest wall.
Deity! Ask the Lord for the hardest thing, don't waste the call.

"A PhD? but you're still young" - A friend's mutter.
Great minds don't rest, they push further.
Until there's nothing left to achieve their lives remain an opened chapter.
Now you know why I run my life daily on a personal charter.
And the good Lord has been my propeller.

Getting to this point in record time, to everyone is a shocker.
What next? Now that in my field I am a Master.
I preferred a new continent, the Americas or Asia.
But the Lord said, "Listen son, I'm taking you to a place much better."
...And it turned out to be Manchester!

I remain grateful to an ever faithful God.
#ThankYouJesus.



13 comments:

  1. Awesome piece! Thank God for his faithfulness... Even with all these testimonies, your best is yet to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! The Lord is indeed faithful!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Janet! The Lord is indeed faithful!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing and i sees God's faithfulness in all. I met you not too long and you have always be an inspiration to me. i am not selfish about this i try as much as possible to make everyone around me benefit from this grace of God in your life. We journeyed some places together inspiring the youth, provoking their dreams to action and re-vitalizing their ambitions. Unshared great testimonies follows aftermath..We give God all the glory. Those lives spoken to then, still crave to hear you more..its grace!..Keep the flag flying in Machester, probably before you get back, i will breeze in to say hi and to know how you have been driving the vision. Keep on Bro Babajide Milton Macauly

    with much love from a friend and a brother

    Adedoyin James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support all the way, KJV. God has been awesome!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the support all the way, KJV. God has been awesome!

      Delete
  3. Awwwww! Macaulay this is a very wonderful write up. Congrats bro. Keep making ur father in heaven proud cos he put those talents there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. Powerful. Martins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I've never spoken with you one-on-one but I can relate with some parts of your write-up. Lovely One by the way. God is awesome and may He continually come through for you. I have found strength and courage from your piece and by His Grace, there's no going back. Remain blessed.

    Loveline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great write-up, great personality! I am inspired. We sure have stories of people who have paid the price, and have obtained, or are obtaining the rewards. The good news is that the price to the top is payable. We are following your steps sir. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the rhyme!...This is a nice piece,indeed God has been faithful. Greater heights for you,and more of God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deep, touching and challenging. I thank God for your life and I celebrate you brother. From Blessing Akpabio

    ReplyDelete